Thursday, September 29, 2011

Four States in One Day


29 September 20111

Once again, planned to get away at dawn and couldn't figure out why the sun was once again well up when I departed, then finally realized that the time had shifted from daylight savings to standard and the sun is up an hour earlier now. Duh!

Had a brief detour to the Glen Canyon Dam before heading south on 89 then east on Alt 89 towards the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. 69 took us south into the north rim of Grand Canyon National Park. It was nice to see signs of autumn in the golden aspen trees, although it did require a couple of stops to pull on additional layers of clothes.

Alt 89 took me west to Fredonia where I picked up 389 to Colorado City then 59 to Hurricane Utah, then 9 to I15 west to Las Vegas. I got to Las Vegas just in time for rush hour, it was a record high temperature for 29 September of 104F, in desperation I took the next exit and spent a couple of hours enjoying a fabulous “Sante Fe” salad at Appleby's. Once the traffic eased up I continued west in the dark to Baker California where I got a room with air con for the night.

Americana for the day: graham crackers

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment