Monday, October 3, 2011

Last Day at Altitude

3 October 2011

I was a bit wistful this morning as I left Three Rivers, knowing that it was my last day to be at altitude and riding through rural areas as I headed for Ventura. I headed west through Visalia and took 99 south to Frazier Park. There was a lot of failed retread debris on 99 which kept me alert. From Frazier Park I took Forest Road 95 west to 33 and 33 south to Ventura. 95 took me up to nearly six thousand feet with crisp cool dry weather, lots of wind and plenty of huge tumbleweeds to dodge. I had a good burger for lunch in Pine Mountain Village.

33 south to Ventura was yet another awesome motorcycle road with countless curves, varied for each gear, beautiful scenery, and excellent road surface conditions. This will rate as a top ten motorcycle road for me and was a very pleasant surprise to finish out my last day of open road riding.

I ended up in a motel in Ventura, poised to get my bike into a dealer tomorrow to get the new parts installed that will make the bike legal in New Zealand.

Americana for the day: dodging retread failure scraps on the motorway

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment