Monday, October 24, 2011

Wellington Folk Festival

21-24 October 2011

My band “Wires & Wood” was a headline act at this year's Wellington Folk Festival. This was my first music festival since arriving back in New Zealand from my USA trip. It was a very pleasant contrast to the festivals I attended in the USA, in that there I knew one or two folks amongst the thousands, whereas here I had a warm heartfelt connection and history with what seemed like hundreds of folks. I am a wealthy man.

Highlights for me: being on stage with the awesome musicians in Wires & Wood, getting the mosh pit rocking with dancers, catching up with so many friends, jamming, watching the Rugby World Cup final in a hall full of folkies, bursting into tears when Helen Dorothy sang her beautiful new song.


Photos:
http://www.wiresandwood.co.nz/photos/2011-wellyfest.php

No comments:

Post a Comment