Friday, October 7, 2011

Leaving the USA

6 October 2011

Said my goodbyes to Brian and Fran who have been wonderful hosts, packed up the bike and rode to the freight company in Compton, just south of LA. I was quite anxious about getting stuck in the infamous LA freeway traffic and am happy to report that I made it all the way while driving at or above the speed limit. Whew!

It took a couple of hours to get the bike prepped and all my stuff offloaded into some cheap luggage that I bought at a nearby Target. Finally it was time to call a cab and head for the airport, which went without a hitch.

Once at the airport I got checked in with no problems then spent a couple of hours nursing a blended iced chocolate mint mocha while I used up the remaining minutes on my phone to contact some of the folks who had hosted me and say thanks.

Finally, the boarding call comes and it is time to go.

Americana for the day: whatever happened to the water fountains in LA airport?

1 comment:

  1. We looooooved having you! Enjoy stopping in at your blog and reliving your visit and seeing your new posts. Glad you are well :) We loved your nice voicemail! Jeni & Chris

    ReplyDelete