Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Last Full Day in the USA

5 October 2011

We woke up to a rainy day, which seems to be quite a novelty for this time of year in Santa Barbara. I spent the day making phone calls and sorting out the logistics of getting the bike to the freight company with all the proper documentation and then getting to the airport. Fran was home sick but managed to give me a ride to the FedEx office so I could package up and ship the USA headlight to my sister who generously offered to keep it for me until I find a buyer. On the way back we stopped into a Trader Joes since I had never been to one before. Fran had never thought of it as a tourist attraction.

When Brian got home from work we headed out for dinner at Sojourner, another great local restaurant, then walked a few blocks to The Andrew's for some fabulous marzipan and a Chocolate Bailly's Brownie. Yuuummm.

Once back home I gave Brian a crash course in mandolin pattern based scales and how to use them for improvisation. He picked it up really quick and it was cool to see whole new worlds of playing open up for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment