Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Sky Country

1 August 2011

After days of riding 45MPH or slower I was ready to move on. Packed up a wet tent again, and rode out the north entrance of Yellowstone in Gardiner Montana. On the way I saw bison, lots of elk and my first wild bald eagle.

At the entrance to Gardiner there is a big stone arch and a huge wild bull bison was strolling out of town through it as I rode through.

The default speed limit in Montana is 70MPH, even on the two lane back roads. I had some very enjoyable riding as the roads are in good shape and are designed for those speeds. It was especially nice through the Lewis & Clark National Forest.

I spent the night in a motel in Shelby, Montana, and, after two days of wet camping, gave both the bike and myself a much needed bath.

I met some local motorcycle enthusiasts and we chatted for some hours about bikes. It was nice to socialize again.

Americana for the day: being eye to eye with a wild magnificent bald eagle

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment