Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Leaving Seattle

12 August 2011

Crawled out of the tent to a 51 degree morning. Rode west across the top of the Olympic Peninsula through the Olympic Mountains and the northern most section of the famous Highway 101. Then continued down the west coast along the Pacific Ocean. Didn't get a lot of photos today because it was too cold and I had to keep gloves on.

My destination is Lach and Becky's place in Ellensburg, about two hours east of Seattle. In order to get there I have to go through south Seattle and once again I got caught up in horrible traffic. I've had a magic time in the Seattle area but am glad to be leaving that traffic behind.

I arrived at Becky's place just as she was leaving to perform some folk music, along with several others, in a local pub. I hopped off the bike and into her car and we had an enjoyable night of live music.

Americana for the day: pay at the pump petrol, no need to go inside

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment