Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yellowstone For a Day

31 July 2011

Packed up a wet tent and explored Yellowstone. I had set aside this day to ride every road in the park and that is what I did. Lots of great scenery, not that much wildlife. A bit too much tame life (people). The park in general is a bit more commercial than I anticipated. I was glad to find that food was just slightly more expensive than outside the park. The speed limit inside the park is a maximum of 45MPH and is often less. Anytime anyone thinks they have seen some kind of wild animal, they stop in the road to look then traffic queues up in both directions since nobody wants to miss anything. Most of the time there is nothing there.

I camped in a Xantera managed area this time. It's not nearly as nice a setting as the park managed sites but you can reserve ahead of time and so relax about having a spot for the night. And it rained most of the afternoon and evening. I was hoping to have a more social time in the campgrounds but the rain put a damper on that.

Americana for the day: cheeky chipmunks stealing my snack AllVIIIIINNN!

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment