Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Shoes, Old Friends

17 August 2011

Left Fort Stevens and headed to Portland to get some new shoes (tires) for the bike. The original tires have 9,954 miles on them and they are way beyond their service life. Fortunately it has been bone dry for days and I haven't missed the tread.

I very nearly ran out of petrol today – my trip computer said I had one mile left and I put 6.1 gallons in my 6 gallon tank.

I was stuck in Portland all afternoon while the tires were replaced by the good guys at Fast Bike Inc. Then I fought rush hour traffic and headed south to Springfield to stay with my old friend Cy Foughty and his lovely wife Judith. We spent the evening chatting about the old days and telling our life's stories.

Americana for the day: ketchup and mustard bottles at the restaurant table

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment