Thursday, August 18, 2011

From the Mountains, to the Valleys, to the Ocean white with foam...

16 August 2011

I started the day riding along the Hood River valley which is much more beautiful than I had imagined it would be. The Northwest continues to amaze me with the scale of it's beauty.

From Hood River I rode up to Mt Hood. If you enlarge the Mt Hood photo the dots that look like specs of dirt turn out to be skiers coming down the slope.

From Mt Hood I rode west through Portland to the Pacific Ocean and north along Highway 101 to Fort Stevens Park and the northwest corner of Oregon. I was lucky to get the last available campsite.

Americana for the day: four way stop sign intersections - come on America, embrace the roundabout

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment