Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Routine Maintenance

3 August 2011

Was at the Spokane, Washington, BMW dealership bright and early this morning to get the bike serviced at it's normal service interval. I ended up being there for six hours. Fortunately, they had a good wifi connection and I used the time to get my blog up to date (scroll down to catch up).

I (and my budget) was keen to camp somewhere tonight on the way to Seattle but got caught in another major road works. I must be jinxed. I was twenty miles down a back road when it was announced that the next thirty six miles was fresh oil and loose gravel. Anyway, by the time I got past it, it was too late to look for campsites so i'm back in a motel in Colville.

Tomorrow, all going well, I will end up at my good friend Judy Nasmith's place in Seattle.

Americana for the day: not knowing how much I am going to pay for something until I actually pay for it (because the applicable taxes are not included in the marked price)

I just realized that I haven't taken a single photo today, the first time that's happened since I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment