Thursday, July 28, 2011

Germany in Casper

26 July 2011

Cathy cooked up a nice breakfast, I gave her a ride on my bike, then it was time to move on.

I rode west to Laramie, took 287 to Medicine Bow then 487 to Casper. 487 is a lonely road through some beautifully desolate country. I rode for hours without seeing anyone else. No photos because it was drizzling most of the time.

My host for the night are Bob and Pat Nagel. Pat is Michael McKeown's sister, whom I met several years ago at the Auckland Folk Festival while she was visiting Michael and Ardeth. I was finally able to take her up on the offer of a place to stay if ever in Casper.

The family was busy cooking up a traditional German meal from the grandmothers recipes.
We had a great feast that night in Bob and Pat's beautiful Casper home.

Americana for the day: beautifully maintained back roads with almost no traffic.

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment