Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life is Golden

24 July 2011

Had a leisurely breakfast with the Imans then headed for the Mt. Evens loop road. The quickest way should have been down I-70 but it was a parking lot on this Sunday morning. Some creative navigating got me there without too much delay and I enjoyed this twisty scenic road.

Stopped for lunch at the Tommyknocker Brewery in Idaho Springs and had another bison burger and a sample of the in house beer.

My hosts for the night are Richard and Armel; Armel is Jenny Fraser's daughter whom Jenny is visiting for a few weeks. Jenny and I hopped on the push bikes and coasted a few miles down into the heart of Golden, Colorado. There is a fast moving snow melt fed river running through town and people were out in force enjoying it. It felt just like being at the beach with everyone getting wet and playing with the water toys. I had no idea what a great little town Golden is. I almost made it back up the hill without stopping but the altitude and my out of shape body stopped me short.

I had a nice relaxing evening playing with the kids while enjoying the great view from the back yard then was early to bed for an early start tomorrow.

Americana for the day: having a Coors in Golden Colorado

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA201102

No comments:

Post a Comment