Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zoo do

7 July 2011

My niece Leigha is a volunteer at the Springfield zoo and had arranged a noon demonstration for us of the animals she works with. Our time at the marina was at an end, we packed up the vehicles, secured the boat and rode to Springfield in a gentle rain.

Leigha gave gave us a good demonstration at the zoo and we got a nice discount on lunch becase she is an official volunteer. On the way home from the zoo we stopped and Andy's Frozen Custard. It was my first taste and I sure hope it isn't my last, that stuff is wickedly good.

It was my last night staying with Charlotte's family and we toasted our time together with a nice dinner at Nonnas Italian resturant in downtown Springfield.

Americana for the day: Andy's Frozen Custard

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/T.Micheal.Young/USA2011


No comments:

Post a Comment