Thursday, September 22, 2011

Almendrada Dreams

22 September 2011

I spent the morning at Robert and Nina's working on this blog and attending to emails. Then I dodged some showers as I rode over to visit my friend Billy Hodge. After a wee while of visiting with Billy I rode about fifteen minutes down the road to have lunch with Michelle Stacey. Michelle came to visit Trude and I in New Zealand a few years ago and it was great to see her again and get caught up on our lives.

From Michelle, I rode up to Rob and Laurie's home on Lake Lewisville. The whole area around them has been extensively developed over the past few years and I didn't recognize any of it, even though I used to live near there. Gary Godbolt came over, Laurie fixed us a nice dinner and we had an evening of jamming (Gary kindly brought a couple of guitars), laughing and Almendrada. Gary was especially enjoying the Almendrada and the next day asked if anyone saw the truck that ran over his head :-).

Americana for the day: partying with Almendrada

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment