Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Night Sailing

21 September 2011

Had a nice breakfast with Andy, packed up and headed of to Panavision, Dallas, to visit John Mattintly, Trude's brother. Somehow, Andy cleverly distracted me from taking photos so I don't have any of her.

Had a good visit with John. I got to watch part of a shoot that will be the backdrop for the upcoming Meatloaf tour. Of course, we all took advantage of the catering. After a few hours with John I headed over to Robert and Nina's house.

I got settled in just in time to head out to Lake Ray Hubbard, east of Dallas, for the Wednesday night yacht races. Robert, Nina, Blake (Nina's son) and I raced on Robert's Irwin. The winds were fairly steady around 7 to 10 knots, we had a beautiful sunset and a very pleasant couple hours of sailing after dark. It brought back a lot of memories for me. It was great to spend time with Robert again, and very nice to meet Nina.

Americana for the day: a bologna sandwich

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment