Saturday, September 10, 2011

Arches

10 September 2011

The thunderstorms are over for the morning so I made a dash for Arches National Park. Once again, I took heaps of photos. The thing is, if we had any one of the features in these photos in Missouri or New Zealand, we would create a park just around that feature, and here are hundreds of them in one place.

After a few hours wandering around Arches, I headed east on 46, crossing the border into Colorado and descending into the beautiful Paradox valley. In Naturita I turned right onto 145 which took me over Lizard Head Pass at 10222 feet and down into Cortez where I spent the night, poised to visit Mesa Verde National Park in the morning.

Americana for the day: Barnum and Bailey Animal Crackers – I still think elephants taste the best :-)

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Micheal, this brings back good memories of my '93 holiday. I spent a couple of weeks in Utah and it is definitely one of my favourite places in the world.
    Enjoy
    -Maurice

    ReplyDelete