Monday, September 19, 2011

Texas Bound

19 September 2011

Had a nice chat with the owner of the motel this morning. I really like these old single story strip motels where I can park my bike right outside my door. They are usually locally owned and have some character.

Since leaving the mountains out west i've had mostly straight roads and am feeling the need to use some of the expensive rubber on the sides of my tires. I decide to ride to Mena, Arkansas, so I can take the Talimena Scenic Drive back to Talihena, Oklahoma and then continue south to Texas. It was pleasant riding up the east slope, with signs of autumn beginning to show, but I hit low cloud cover for most of the summit and the descent down the west slope.

I then headed south through Broken Bow and zig zagged in a generally southwesterly direction until I got to Mark and Shelia's house in Valley View, Texas. It was great seeing them again and we had a nice time catching up and having some TexMex for dinner.

Americana for the day: being called “sir” by service industry staff

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment