Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Motorcycle Mania at Pikes Peak Motorsports

13 September 2011

I've got 14 thousand miles on the bike now and it is due for another routine service. The nearest shop I could find in the direction I want to head is Pikes Peak Motorsports, a combination Harley Davidson/BMW/Ducati dealership. BMW and Ducati seem to make up about 5% of the business and the rest is HD. Compared to our NZ dealerships this one is a monster. My Auckland BMW dealer can barely squeeze two bikes at a time in it's service area, this one can take hundreds.

Upstairs is the customer lounge (with room for about 100 customers) and the Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum.. All the photos today are for the bike enthusiasts.

It took all day for the service and I wasn't on the road until 5PM. I headed south to Pueblo then east until dark and got a room for the night in La Junta.

Americana for the day: about one in a hundred motorcycles I see on the road isn't a Harley-Davidson

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg


No comments:

Post a Comment