Friday, September 2, 2011

Secret Stickneys?

30 August 2011

Secret Stickneys?

Dick played tour guide again today. First up we went to visit his mate Richard in Jamestown. Richard is in Dick's band and is currently obsessed as a luthier building beautiful guitars. We were warmly welcomed into the shop for a tour and I got to play a couple of Richards' guitars. My ears and fingers were happy. See if you can guess the story behind the headstock logo that he came up with (see photos).

Next we had lunch at the Woods Creek Cafe in Jamestown. It looks like the secret society of Stickney's has infiltrated California (see photos).

After lunch we headed over to Sonora and the high school where Dick and I did a workshop for the guitar students in the music program. I hope a few of them were inspired. After that we visited Cris in her classroom where she teaches ceramics.

After dinner and a hot tub I had a great sleep after a busy day.

Americana for the day: saltine crackers in my soup

No comments:

Post a Comment