Friday, September 23, 2011

Walt Wilkins at Love & War

23 September 2011

Had a nice breakfast with the Cronans this morning. Rob went off to work and Laurie and the girls and I walked over to visit with Syble at her and Rob's lovely home.

I packed up, gave Laurie a final hug and rode back to Plano to have lunch with my former colleague Tom Heruska. The fajita tacos were awesome and it was great to catch up with Tom. I was very glad to learn that his family of six children is doing well and his business is doing well to support them all.

Next I rode through the neighborhoods in Plano where I used to live and work. A lot has changed but at least I could recognize most of it.

Finally I rode over to Carl Leonard's place where I will be spending the night. We had a quick chat then hopped into Carl's very cool Corvette and drove over to “Love & War”, a bar/restaurant in Plano where my musical hero Walt Wilkins and his band The Mystiqueros are playing tonight. My old friends Gigi and Jerry also showed up and we had a great evening laughing over stories from the old days.

Americana for the day: graham crackers

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/108481211284683809830/USA20113?authkey=Gv1sRgCInJ3fTt3fO0Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment